Monday, January 4, 2010

Gunfighters and Ghosts


Kenny in front of the haunted Copper Queen Hotel
The Tombstone Epitaph office



This morning we were up early and on the road around 7am. We started down the 10 freeway and made a detour to Tombstone. Now, anyone who has ever met me should know my fascination with the “Town to Tough to Die.” When we got there it was still early and very few of the shops were open. Turns out there is only one gunfight each day at the OK Corral, and it’s not until 2pm. So we shot a few pictures and headed over to Bisbee.
I had driven past Bisbee 20 years ago when I was stationed at Fort Huachuca. Didn’t stop, but I really liked the way the town was built into a ravine. Today I wanted to go into the town and see the Copper Queen Hotel. The Copper Queen was featured on a episode of “Ghost Hunters” one of my favorite shows. Only got to see the lobby, the folks working didn’t seem too friendly, so we left.
Spent the rest of the day driving to Roswell, New Mexico. Got here about 9pm, hope to spend a little time looking around before heading to San Antonio tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment